How do I get started with OPO?
- Book an appointment with one of our physiotherapists.
- Fill out an intake form and health questionnaire. Understanding and knowing your full health history is important to help your physiotherapist prepare for your assessment.
- Meet your therapist through online video conferencing on our clinic management software Jane App
What should I expect on my first online physiotherapy appointment?
- Your therapist will ask you questions regarding your injury or symptoms, the problems you’re having, how it impacts your life, and your rehabilitation goals . This may seem like a long discussion, but 80% of the information that you provide will help us develop your diagnosis (Epstein et al (2008)).
- Next is the physical assessment. Your therapist will guide you through functional movements such as squatting, single leg balance and range of motion (ROM) testing to see how you move, and a series of repeated movement testing (using the McKenzie Method). Other tests might be required depending on your injury while you communicate with your therapist what and where you feel during the assessment.
- Education is the key to helping you understand how to heal and prevent further injuries. Your therapist will educate you on your current diagnosis based on steps 1 and 2. They will explain the reasons why you might be experiencing pain or other symptoms, address your concerns and discuss a plan with you to ensure it meets your needs and goals.
- Your physiotherapist will then provide a strategic self-treatment plan. They will recommend specific exercises that can correct your painful movements, show you self-treatment techniques (ex. foam rolling), and advise you on how to manage your pain appropriately. You will be guided through each movement on video together to ensure that exercises are performed correctly.